At CADGuru we strive to deliver highly customized design services, whether it is just doing drafting, finding a suitable design based on simulation analysis, or catering to the clients’ specific requirements. Our team provides reliable and innovative CAD services for every stage of products and manufacturing process.
We are looking for tech savvy and creative individuals with professional industry experience to join us and grow as a team.
Take a look at the roles and their descriptions below and if you do fit the position, send us your resume and cover letter in order to be a candidate for our screening process. we are looking forward to hearing from you and having you as a part of our amazing team.
Best of Luck to you!
Design Engineer – Job Description
The Design Engineer is responsible for supporting the ‘Process Driven’ Engineering department as required per project. Duties include modeling, designing and drafting of sheet metal, weldments and machine design projects inside SolidWorks. Over-all workflow consists of independently reading specific project task requirements in Asana, and then creating, updating or modifying the design to suit. You are expected to be a team player, adhere to a high quality of standard, and provide opinions and feedback in terms of design or overall workflow efficiencies.
Design Engineer Responsibilities:
• Use of SolidWorks software to create and update parts, assemblies and 2D drawings of products.
• Review, Update and Follow various client specific detailing / design / modeling standards (and documentation).
• Ability to ask questions in Asana, discuss SolidWorks workflow techniques, or request a live meeting as required, when required, and where appropriate.
• Follow Asana Task directives, but also openly discuss and point out considerations for manufacturing, machining, purchasing, assembly, durability, repair and over-all cost of design (and client specific requirements). Specifically for sheet metal, weldments, casted, lathed, CNC, 3D printed, or machined Mechanical Designs from a variety of industries, for a variety of ‘mostly Metal, not plastic’ product types.
• For specific ‘concept’ projects only, you must be able to largely guesstimate based on photo’s, PDF’s, or concept ideas. At times, this project type requires internet searching, understanding machine design foundations, and suggesting relevant solutions for client consideration.
Design Engineer Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from any Recognized / Accredited University in the world.
• Experience and knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD software in a design engineering environment is preferred. Any CSWA, CSWP, CSWPA, or CSWE certification(s) preferred.
• Prior exposure to Sheet Metal, Weldment or Machine Design Manufacturing and Design is preferred.
• Ability to work both independently and part of a team.
• Ability to follow direction, take notes, and bring up relevant topics.
• Impeccable attention to detail, and recollection of details over time.
• Ability to clock all work time to the minute using Harvest, and provide month end invoice. You will be paid by month end via WorldRemit.com (or similar).
• Ability to work remotely using computer (Windows 7 or Windows 10, 6 GB RAM min., 16+ GB RAM preferred), internet for communications, and meetings in “English”. Platforms include Asana, SolidWork, VPN, E-mail, Texting, Calendly, Skype, Zoom, TeamViewer or WhatsApp.
• Ability to use Dropbox, or SolidWorks PDM for file-management.
If interested please e-mail Dez ( email@example.com ) with your resume, portfolio, list of SolidWorks Certification(s) and any other questions that you have. It is permissible to substitute a LinkedIn or Web- Site equivalent upon request. In this e-mail, please also indicate what preferred hourly rate ’in your local currency’ that you are seeking. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for Stage 2 Testing will be contacted.