Technologies: DWG to SolidWorks Advanced Part Conversion, Automation, SolidWorks Drafting, Machine Design, Design Upgrades
Project: P-0025, P-0059
The initial Prototype had already been installed on the production floor in multiple places. No Formal documentation existed of most recent design.
- Existing DWG of FLAT Patterns only, DWG copies were incomplete. DWG files were imported into SolidWorks.
- Through online Skype Meetings, measurements and image captures took place. Discussions revolved around updated electronics, and customer / production feedback.
- Part and Assembly design was updated. Detailed 2D Assembly documentation was finalized that included exploded views, BOMs, and separate drawings with laser flat patterns as per client standards. This enabled supply department to tender quotes for outsourcing, and purchasing could reliably stock parts in advance.
- The Design was made “Smart” to Accommodate different Railway track gauges.
- The forward light housing was replaced with a new design.
- Other Internal major components were inserted into Assembly to check for Interference.